Resume: Click here to view my resume
- Final year thesis on language evolution via inductive learning in communities of artificial agents.
- Survey on Information Geometry.
- Survey on Tree Alignment methods.
- Survey on replicability in science
Undergraduate Research Projects:
I pursued a rather eclectic selection of projects in my undergraduate days. Brief summaries of some of them follow.
- Statistical models of Language Evolution in Multiple agent communities (pdf) (abstract)
Advisor: Dr. Harish Karnick, IIT Kanpur
- Analysis of social interaction and language learning models, for different community graphs, extending a well known syntactic model of language
- Analyzed language mingling and divergence in communities by stochastically coupling agent based approaches with population dynamics
- Identified the role of social topologies in shaping the course of linguistic evolution and language divergence
Reinforcement Learning based Autoguider for Astrophotography (pdf) (abstract)
Advisors: Dr. Bernhard Scholkopf and Dr. Jan Peters, Dept of Statistical Inference, Max Planck Institute Tubingen
- Designed and implemented a two variable Q-learning type formulation for autoguiding a Mach GTO German Equitorial Mount for star-tracking and astrophotography
- Formulated problem as a continuous Markov Decision Process with agent `actions' corresponding to motor movement durations, and fine tuned simultaneous independent learners for Right Ascension and Declination axes
- Extensive indoor simulations using convolutions on laser point source for robust star detection heuristics
- Electronic Calculus Tutor for Undergraduate Math
Advisors: Prof. Larissa Fradkin, Victor Zernov, South Bank University, London
- Decision-tree based differentiation tutor in JAVA for differential calculus: aimed to aid teaching for dyslexics, and students with learning disabilities
- Developed a non-deterministic question generator, enabling a larger range of practice questions; while working on previously existing MVC design-pattern
- Applet version hosted on local website for first year undergraduate math class at university, and in consideration for proprietary release by name of 'EPACT'
- A GO based clustering for prognosis and inference from microarray data. (pdf) (poster) (abstract) (extended abstract)
- Extending the statistical approach using a knowledge infusion from the Gene Ontology, we propose a method that expresses a biological snapshot in terms of gene functions, and directly yields some biological understanding
- Prognostic predictions for two B-cell lymphomas corroborate with biological literature
- Poster presented at Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Conference (APBC), 2010
- A Content-based Similarity Search for Monophonic Melodies. (pdf) (poster) (abstract)
- Searching for the most similar melodies for an input query (fom a MIDI keyboard) from a musical database. We use clustering on global features followed by use of individual feature matching using Transportation distances
- Poster presented at IBM I-CARE Workshop, 2009 held in New Delhi
- Enhancing click-rates of online Advertisements. (pdf)
- Local clustering for rare class analysis and SVM for classification to identify patterns that would lead to higher click rates of online advertisements
- Adjudged best solution to problem proposed by Komli (www.komli.com)
- Disambiguating Hindi Named Entities. (pdf) (abstract)
- Special emphasis on the role of associated Parsargs and Verb Classes
- Multiple sources of evidence, word co-occurrence and the cost sensitive learning paradigm are used to get high recall and F measure values
- Credit Card Fraud Detection: UCSD Data Mining Contest, June - July 2009
- Detected 85.7% of fraudulent transactions (lift of 4.286 at 20% ) using J48 Decision trees and extensive feature preprocessing
- Best Indian team (UG and PG) at UCSD 2009 Data Mining Contest
- Amateur attempts on the Physiological Data Modeling Problem.
- A comparitive analysis of classification algorithms on the Physiological Modeling Dataset: emphasis on the performance of Support Vector Machines and use of a semi-supervised approach in the final algorithm
- A Color-based Indexing for Image Similarity Searching. (pdf) (abstract)
- Semantically enriched tree kernels for NLP, Student Research Symposium, Language Technologies Institute, CMU. August 2013
- Invited talk and practical workshop on `Introduction to Machine Learning', Geetanjali Institute of Technology and Science, Udaipur, 2010
- Departmental seminar on `graph clustering' in SIGML group, IIT Kanpur, Sep 25, 2009